New in UCAC ! Master program in Financial Economics
The Rector of the Catholic University of Central Africa (UCAC) informs the public that at the forthcoming Academic Year 2022/2023, the Faculty of Social Sciences and Management will offer a Master program in Financial Economics. This MFE Program will be based at the Ekounou-Ayene Campus (Yaounde, Cameroon).
The general objective of this program is to widen students’ understanding of scientiﬁc contributions in the ﬁeld of ﬁnancial economics, reinforce their analytic and critical thinking skills, and prepare them with quantitative ﬁnance techniques and complex ﬁnancial decision-making tools in a speedily changing financial globe. More specifically, at the completion of the program, they should be able to:
- Analyse and assess both microeconomics and macroeconomic environment of national and international corporations, financial institutions, and capital markets.
- Understand and apply quantitative ﬁnance methods and advanced ﬁnancial decision-making tools in portfolio management, risk management, and capital budgeting.
- Examine and critically appraise the role and functioning of international financial markets and institutions and be familiar with the universe of financial instruments.
- Evaluate, choose, and systemically apply advanced mathematical statistics methods and advanced econometric models and techniques in solving complex problems of corporate finance.
Eligibility and admission conditions
Two modalities of admission are opened to the Msc. in Financial Economics:
- Internal Students
Within FSSM-CUCA, the program is primarily open to students who have successfully completed the Bachelor in Management Economics (BME). Their admission is made under a strict study of their academic files. This is to assess if the student demonstrates good mastery in quantitative methods in economics and with a general average of at least 12/20.
Candidates who hold and undergraduate degree from our Management Economics program taught in French (License en Economie de Gestion: LEG) and meet the above-mentioned requirement, are also eligible, if they have a proficiency level in English.
- External students
All external candidates will be subjected to a study of file, admission test and an interview. The candidates file will constitute:
- A Cover letter
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of birth certificate
- Certified copies of diplomas (From Advance Level certificate)
- All results slip at the university
- A medical certificate of not more than 3 months old
- Two half cards (44)
- File study fee of 20.000 FCFA (Non-refundable).
At the end of the formation, our students are expected to acquire analytical and quantitative skills to trail successful careers in the finance industry. They will be opportune to work as:
- Risk Management Analyst
- Capital Market Analyst
- Financial Market and Treasury Analyst
- Analyst – Research and Financial Communication, Strategic Partnerships
- Corporate finance / corporate strategy officers
- Digital consultants
- Economic and Investment Strategy Advisor
- Financial Analyst in government institutions
This Master of Financial Economics is a two years’ program. It includes a total of 120 credits distributed as follows: 90 credits are required and electives courses and covers the first three semesters. The required courses run from 2 to 4 credits and the electives have 1 credit each. The other 30 credits are distributed between the internship, the master thesis and other the research seminars counting for the fourth semester.